Author Topic: Corona doesn't load VDB from C4D pyro sim  (Read 241 times)

2024-04-12, 16:44:35

LeSill

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello, folks.
I'm having trouble loading a VDB file made by the Cinema Pyro simulator. I tested VDB from Houdini, and it worked. When I try to load VDB from Cinema, it says, "Unable to load." Does anyone know why it doesn't accept VDB from Cinema? You can find a VDB file attached.
Many thanks!

2024-04-12, 17:35:56
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Loads fine here, what version of C4D and Corona are you using?

EDIT also bear in mind you don't need to save to VDB and load back in any more, if using Corona 11 or newer.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2024-04-12, 17:39:20
Reply #2

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello, folks.
I'm having trouble loading a VDB file made by the Cinema Pyro simulator. I tested VDB from Houdini, and it worked. When I try to load VDB from Cinema, it says, "Unable to load." Does anyone know why it doesn't accept VDB from Cinema? You can find a VDB file attached.
Many thanks!

Easy fix for me is to remove the ž from the filename. Looks like the corona loader does not support all characters.
« Last Edit: 2024-04-12, 17:49:57 by Cinemike »

2024-04-12, 20:43:45
Reply #3

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Yeah, language characters don't play well with Corona. As Mike did, it would be best to remove it.
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2024-04-15, 08:17:12
Reply #4

LeSill

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Many thanks, guys. I will look at all of the suggestions that you have provided.

2024-04-15, 09:17:16
Reply #5

LeSill

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The character "ž" was the issue.

I'd want to ask you about the VOLUME GRID loading. When I insert it in the scene and move the camera, the scene begins to parse. This means that anytime I walk around in my scene, the new point of view takes a long time to load. It appears that the volume grid must be loaded every time I move the camera. Is this proper behaviour?

Is there an option to scale the volume grid? Consider constructing a volume grid as a VDB sequence with a different measure unit, such as meters or millimeters, rather than the native C4D cm. When importing, the volume is too tiny. I can scale it by moving to object mode, but I'd want to have the SCALE attribute within the volume grid.
« Last Edit: 2024-04-15, 09:21:33 by LeSill »

2024-04-15, 09:59:07
Reply #6

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Hi, can you share a short video of the first issue? I can't reproduce it here. As for scaling, there are a few ways this can be done. Click on the Coord tab and change the scale there or switch from ''model'' mode to ''object'' mode in the UI and use the regular scale tool as needed.

Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!