Author Topic: Material Editor Suggestions  (Read 79968 times)

2016-04-02, 10:50:50
Reply #45

byv

• Users
    • View Profile
I think what he meant by illuminate in the material editor is that the face selected will show the material applied to it in the editor even without
going to the Selection tab. ....
This is what I meant

2016-04-02, 10:54:23
Reply #46

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Do you mean that when you select a face, its material should be auto-selected in the editor (which is impossible as there can be two different materials applied on the face), or that the applied materials should just somehow be tagged/highlighted in the editor's material list?

2016-04-02, 17:23:13
Reply #47

MgVrN

• Active Users
    • View Profile
1- what about support all standart and vray shaders.
2- more maps like SigerScratches, noise maps or kind of freaky motives ( infinity created )

2016-04-02, 17:35:51
Reply #48

jKLman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
....or that the applied materials should just somehow be tagged/highlighted in the editor's material list?

Its more into this.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-02, 17:49:17 by jKLman »
"Jack of all trade, but messing up with 3D"
Blender 2.78 Corona Standalone 1.5 / 2016-10-24 Alpha
Win 10 64bit

2016-04-04, 08:47:51
Reply #49

byv

• Users
    • View Profile
Do you mean that when you select a face, its material should be auto-selected in the editor (which is impossible as there can be two different materials applied on the face), or that the applied materials should just somehow be tagged/highlighted in the editor's material list?
Applied materials should just somehow be highlighted in the list of the material Editor

2016-04-11, 19:01:33
Reply #50

Ang

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The latest improvements to the editor render crown they have greatly improved workflow .
But there is a bug that is that while rendering no intensity changes are applied , color, etc in the render.
2 xeon 2658 / i7 5820K /i7 3770

2016-04-11, 20:38:21
Reply #51

Ryuu

• Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Yes, this is already reported as a bug in Mantis. I can't test it right now, but the same configuration is in the render settings dialog and it should be applied online to the active render.

2016-04-11, 23:20:14
Reply #52

jKLman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Material UI bug

When you change render resolution, you have to press arrow up/down
before you can type the number. You cannot type straight in the input box.

Request:
Is there a way to add glossiness in the material editor to control
Blurry effect of reflection or to control range of glossiness.
Win 10 64bit

2016-04-12, 08:44:12
Reply #53

Ryuu

• Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
But there is a bug that is that while rendering no intensity changes are applied , color, etc in the render.

OK, so it seems that the bug was somewhere else than I thought, so that the workaround with setting post processing configuration in the render settings dialog does not work. This bug is however already fixed for the next version.

Material UI bug

When you change render resolution, you have to press arrow up/down
before you can type the number. You cannot type straight in the input box.

Do you mean the tiling width & height? This problem is present with all the spinners in the dialogs (the render settings dialog suffers from this as well). It's also on my roadmap, but thanks for reminding me of this problem. You don't need to actually click the arrows to apply the value, just moving the focus out of the spinner by clicking any other control should do the job.

Request:
Is there a way to add glossiness in the material editor to control
Blurry effect of reflection or to control range of glossiness.

Do you mean adding the possibility to set reflection/refraction glossiness maps instead of just a single value? This is planned and will be pretty simple to add. I'm waiting with these changes until I had a chance to redesign the material editor UI (add some collapsible rollouts so that it's not all so mashed up together).

2016-04-13, 01:52:31
Reply #54

jKLman

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Do you mean the tiling width & height? This problem is present with all the spinners in the dialogs (the render settings dialog suffers from this as well). It's also on my roadmap, but thanks for reminding me of this problem. You don't need to actually click the arrows to apply the value, just moving the focus out of the spinner by clicking any other control should do the job.

Yes, it is present in the render dialog box render resolution. But thanks for the tips until the next update.

Do you mean adding the possibility to set reflection/refraction glossiness maps instead of just a single value? This is planned and will be pretty simple to add. I'm waiting with these changes until I had a chance to redesign the material editor UI (add some collapsible rollouts so that it's not all so mashed up together).

Yes, please include the fresnel and anisotropic control button/spinner
« Last Edit: 2016-04-13, 06:49:43 by jKLman »
Win 10 64bit

2016-11-07, 10:44:46
Reply #55

majid

• Users
    • View Profile
My toolbar only has 2 icon, am I missing something or it is normal?
Also material editor lacks the following:
 there is plenty to do to benefit all Corona potentials inside Su such as:
LEM or another light sources are missing.
HDRi lighting or color as background.
Reflection map and refraction map would be great if added.
A resize-able material preview would be well appreciated.
Proxy option would be also great as Sketchup would go drastically slow when populated with several heavy models..

2016-11-07, 12:06:27
Reply #56

Ryuu

• Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
You're not missing anything. The Corona for SketchUp plugin is still in the very early alpha phase of development. We are little understaffed at the moment so we lack the capacity to do any serious SketchUp development right now. If everything goes as planned, we should be able to restart SketchUp plugin development full-speed in January.

A resize-able material preview would be well appreciated.

This one at least is implemented :) You can right-click the material preview and select size (you can do the same with texture previews).

2016-11-07, 12:28:32
Reply #57

Ang

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Very interesting

2 xeon 2658 / i7 5820K /i7 3770

2016-12-15, 11:15:06
Reply #58

Ante Olic

• Active Users
    • View Profile
My only suggestion for now  is to put color/material picker into Corona MTL editor, cause then i dont need open sketchup material editor to pick another material from scene.

To give other suggestions i first have a questions to Corona Team.
Is that expected that Corona for sketchup have all material types, maps and features as Corona for 3DSMAX or not.
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2,80GHz

2017-01-10, 12:31:44
Reply #59

Ante Olic

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Some idea for Material Editor i have made with Sketchup.
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2,80GHz