Author Topic: Corona Material/Lights Converter (legacy)  (Read 1088544 times)

2013-06-19, 15:20:56
Reply #90

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
This IS the right download link http://www.racoon-artworks.de/CoronaMatConverter/CoronaMaterialConverter.html
Just click on the pure white text, it's a link.
DOWNLOAD latest version:
coronaConverter_v0.14.ms

The one printed bold here
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2013-06-19, 15:55:33
Reply #91

JonyX

• Users
    • View Profile
This IS the right download link http://www.racoon-artworks.de/CoronaMatConverter/CoronaMaterialConverter.html
Just click on the pure white text, it's a link.
DOWNLOAD latest version:
coronaConverter_v0.14.ms

The one printed bold here

thanks man! The problem is in my Google chrome!!!! I've opened this link in IE and downloaded!!!

2013-06-19, 20:19:47
Reply #92

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Thanks for update, appreciate it leaves my VrayHDRi alone :- ) Most handy tool !
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2013-06-19, 21:38:19
Reply #93

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
thanks man! The problem is in my Google chrome!!!! I've opened this link in IE and downloaded!!!
Glad it worked :)

Thanks for update, appreciate it leaves my VrayHDRi alone :- ) Most handy tool !
Ha, yes, I didn't know it was working until I forgot to convert one of the VrayHDRIs which was still in my scene ;)

2013-06-20, 09:20:15
Reply #94

quizzy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
should the script convert MR or Vray physical sky to corona's? Or might that be more of a lighting convertor thingy...
For me I would also add a checkbox to change the current renderer in Corona and change the environment map as well (sky)

2013-06-21, 17:03:07
Reply #95

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I guess it's pretty useful to convert skies. Since those are kind of maps/materials it may happen in a material converter. Sure, it could be equally done in a lights converter thing but that's not my business ;)
About the changing render thing. I don't like changing the renderer directly. That's something the user should do. There are sometimes things you want to check twice before switching the renderer - and this is (for both) just a click or a line of code.

2013-06-24, 04:12:59
Reply #96

Javadevil

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Hi Deadclown,

Any chance of converting the shitty autodesk materials that come from REVIT ? to the conversion script ?

Even if its just keeping diffuse bitmap paths

cheers

2013-06-24, 10:34:15
Reply #97

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Currently davetyner is doing some conversion scripting around this whole autodesk material crap (you can read about it in the pages before this one) :) . Let's hope he will be successful (since I won't do it :-P).

2013-07-09, 13:36:47
Reply #98

Stan_But

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/archdizs
Dead Clown, can you add diffuse slot in metal/glass 0,0,0 rgb and option to set how convert self-lights - to emitters or to coronaconstantmtl, pls?

2013-07-09, 15:08:33
Reply #99

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Dead Clown, can you add diffuse slot in metal/glass 0,0,0 rgb and option to set how convert self-lights - to emitters or to coronaconstantmtl, pls?
How would you like me to do the detection of what is "glass" or "metal"? It's something refracting or reflecting - but people tend to do the most funniest things in their materials ;)

I did never think about seeing constantmtl as an alternative to emission. Does that really illuminate something (I did never try this)?

2013-07-26, 15:10:25
Reply #100

Stan_But

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/archdizs
How would you like me to do the detection of what is "glass" or "metal"? It's something refracting or reflecting - but people tend to do the most funniest things in their materials ;)

I did never think about seeing constantmtl as an alternative to emission. Does that really illuminate something (I did never try this)?

"option". i mean that "Metal or mirror" are materials with reflection without fresnel. "Glass" - materials with refraction more than 0.0.0
if it's possible then It would be very useful for me and some other coronapeople)

But if no - then no. i would be doing it in manual mode as before)

2013-07-26, 15:22:56
Reply #101

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I still don't get it, sorry.
The converter converts vray materials without fresnel to corona mtls without fresnel (ior of 999), the rest will be converted as it was set up before - so: if your materials were setup this way in the other render engine, it will come out that way after conversion.
I could make a checkbox to convert simply everything with specific "conditions" (like no fresnel) to such materials, but I just don't get who would want to do such a thing... (and it would mean some nasty workarounds in certain areas which I do not want to do if it is not necessary)
« Last Edit: 2013-07-26, 15:46:40 by DeadClown »

2013-07-31, 17:53:22
Reply #102

gabe

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello there all of you Corona addicts and Mr Dead Clown,

I've been using v-ray for quite some time now, at work and at home, and like many others, i'm trying to get to know better this "next best thing" in the world of rendering, Corona. As i have seen, great job guys!

So, now, here comes the pain in the ass, i need help.

I've read almost all topics there are to read, but still can't figure it out what's happening. This next issue is happening with my 2011 version of 3DS Max, i will be trying next on the 2014 version.

I think i did everything okei, but still... there is a big chance that i'm the problem. I installed the latest Corona build, v5, instalation okei, everything fine. Opened Max, set Corona as default renderer and shader, okei there.

Then i opened an old scene, ran the material converter script, but the result was a sea of red, materials included in the materials slots, all red:

I supposed the file had some kind of problem, so i tried rendering a new scene from scratch, with some random figures and colors, changed the environment colour to corona (white), hit render, and voila, okei it works:

Okei, as i saw it works, i went back to the file (i have allready tried before with another file and the conversion also got everything red) and tried once again, as i got an error window:

So i saw here in this topic before that someone had the same problem, and a possible solution was to change in the script log some king of paramether to true, but still got the same error message and red materials:

Finally, as i didn't understand why isn't the conversion working properly, i created a new Corona material, assigned it to the whole scene, hit render, and it started rendering something, at least:

So, i'm just having some kind of problem with the conversion... is this a usual question for you guys, has it happened before, is it fixed...?

I would really appreciate the help, i'm REALLY looking forward to start working with corona!

Thanks!

Cheers,

Gabriel

2013-07-31, 18:09:57
Reply #103

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Yes, this definitely is a conversion error but It's kind of weird since it says there would be no "levelDiffuse" parameter in the Corona Material (which should not be possible ;) ).
I see you have the latest Material converter script version, so this is not the problem.

It's really mysterious... I tested the script and the v5 build on 2012 and it works. "levelDiffuse" exists.
It's veeery unlikely but which Vray version are you using? It may be an error with an old Vray build.
You could also zip a stripped down scene of yours (just a bunch of boxes with 1, 2 materials, something that fails conversion) and send it to me so I can test it here.

2013-07-31, 19:49:00
Reply #104

gabe

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yep, confirmed: the same happens in 3DS Max 2014 version, and with a different file just to be sure... seems like it could be a problem of the original Max / Vray file, since both of them give me the same error with the conversion script:

When i assign a Corona material from scratch once again it works great:

I don't understand very much about scripts and all those parameters and logs and information... so i'm stuck =P

The Vray version on 3DS Max 2011 64 bits i have is the VRAY ADV 2.00.01

I sent you a PM with the zip file, thanks so much!