Author Topic: Corona 6 - Strange mtl result on the multi-sub object  (Read 5244 times)

2020-09-10, 12:50:43

Michał Morzy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Blok studio
Hi Guys!

We have updated all our computers in the office to Corona 6 and we found out really strange result on one single object - moccamaster downloaded from 3dsky.

Here is the original result in Corona 5:

Look what happens when you render the same object in Corona 6:

Take a look at the example. The glass teapot.
In the original render, it was a glass with some logos made by the CoronaLayeredMtl. In Corona 6 the glass started to look like Corona Standard Material.

We assume that the problem lays in the Conversion Vray->Corona 5->Corona 6.

Materials are not perfect and it is obvious that they were made in Vray but still, they worked quite well before.

Any ideas?

Thanks for help!

moderator's note: i removed link to the model. You can't share it publicly without owner's permission. If you need to send a model to the Team for issue investigation, please use private uploader in the future!

2020-09-10, 13:25:28
Reply #1

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hey,

You should change the tiling mode in the CoronaBitmap "Map #1635777148" from "no tiling" to "clamp" mode and you will get the same results :)

This is due to some changes in how the CoronaBitmap handles alpha in this mode. We are reviewing this behaviour.

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-09-17, 11:32:30
Reply #2

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

So we decided to revert the behaviour of the "no tiling" mode to how it behaved previously.

This fix was released in the first v7 daily, and will be included in v6 Hotfix 1.

Daily build: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=30876.0

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!