Author Topic: CoronaColor Linear space  (Read 2106 times)

2015-10-08, 16:03:20

Torsten

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Just a simple question, but i am trying to get a fearly black/antracit lead roofmaterial. But i am having some difficulties getting a dark result. So i thought, start over with the material from scratch.
Now i just want to load in a color with no reflection. When i load in CoronaColor : color of 3, i get the option to check or uncheck "Input values are in linear space"? If i check this, the black turns out nowhere near the color i put in. If i uncheck the color it is really black.

I just wanted to know what setting is correct, i thought checked, but i am not sure.

2015-10-08, 16:12:12
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi, remember that you can get tooltips after hovering your mouse over most of UI elements. ;) Here is one.

There is no "correct" or "incorrect" setting here. You will simply either get the result gamma corrected or not. You can even see the difference after checking/unchecking the checkbox in the "result color preview", so for example after putting RGB128 in the input color, you will either get RGB186 or RGB128.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-10-08, 16:20:10
Reply #2

Torsten

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Yes i was aware of that :-), Hover is a super function. But i am a bit struggling with the linear workflow. You can't make colors infinite black, so i wondered which one would be linear correct. I am aware that my black color is brightened to grey because of my sun/sky system. I know that unchecking it will make it a lot darker, but is it also physically correct i was wondering.

PS. just the same question i have about setting diffuse to lower values than 1.

PS. Damn you guys respond quick :-)