Author Topic: Corona 1.01.00 Transforming Vertices too long on Slave  (Read 7428 times)

2015-06-22, 15:51:52

adre

  • Active Users
  • **
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
Since upgrading to Corona 1.01.00 this problem exist. I had rendered this before with Corona 1.00.02, DR worked just fine.

Does different windows version can cause this? I have Windows 8.1 on workstation and Windows 7 on slave.

Attached is screenshot from slave computer.

2015-08-05, 11:52:46
Reply #1

Dippndots

  • Active Users
  • **
  • Posts: 294
  • Alex Fagan Co-Founder at The Faction
    • View Profile
    • The Faction
Did you find a solution to this?

I am having a similar issue. My workstation can handle the file and render locally just fine, and it works on the render slave when DR'd, but if I open the file on any other workstation in the office this happens when I try to render, and Max is incredibly sluggish.

2015-08-05, 12:02:10
Reply #2

maru

  • Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • ****
  • Posts: 10656
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Just random questions until any official solution is found:
-are you sure you are NOT running DrServer on the master PC?
-have you tried with 1.2?

2015-08-05, 12:27:02
Reply #3

Dippndots

  • Active Users
  • **
  • Posts: 294
  • Alex Fagan Co-Founder at The Faction
    • View Profile
    • The Faction
Not running DR server on anything else. I haven't tried 1.2, I'm still on the 1.1 trial. I'm just seeing if max 2015/2016 has the same problem. I'll try 1.2 next.

edit: Just wanted to add that it doesn't happen with corona scenes built from scratch it's only happening with a fairly dense scene that i converted from vray 2.5...
« Last Edit: 2015-08-05, 12:30:26 by Dippndots »

2015-08-05, 12:38:43
Reply #4

maru

  • Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • ****
  • Posts: 10656
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Is there displacement on any material in that scene? (if you are not sure, you can untick displacement in F10 > common > options and then see if there is any difference in rendering )

2015-08-05, 12:56:47
Reply #5

Dippndots

  • Active Users
  • **
  • Posts: 294
  • Alex Fagan Co-Founder at The Faction
    • View Profile
    • The Faction
there's no displacement and its un-ticked in common.

2015/2016 had the same problem. I just installed the 1.2 trial and it is doing the same thing. Is there a corona log somewhere I can look at? It would be really great to find a solution as we are seriously looking into deploying corona here

2015-08-05, 13:46:08
Reply #6

maru

  • Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • ****
  • Posts: 10656
  • Marcin
    • View Profile

2015-08-05, 15:10:48
Reply #7

Dippndots

  • Active Users
  • **
  • Posts: 294
  • Alex Fagan Co-Founder at The Faction
    • View Profile
    • The Faction
One thing we noticed after coming back from lunch and some more testing is that it appears to be a couple of the xref model files that are quite large. The only types of geometry that they have in common are proxies converted from vray... But there are other less large files with proxies that are ok.

We'll try and narrow the problem down a bit more and try to strip the file down and send to you guys.

Also if we leave it "transforming vertices" it will eventually move on to parsing the scene, and correct saying its rendering frame 0. However it seems stuck there now.

2015-08-05, 16:21:08
Reply #8

maru

  • Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • ****
  • Posts: 10656
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Xref models might be the cause. Can you try removing them just for test, or merging into scene? We've already had some reports where xrefs would do ugly things.

2015-08-05, 16:46:38
Reply #9

Dippndots

  • Active Users
  • **
  • Posts: 294
  • Alex Fagan Co-Founder at The Faction
    • View Profile
    • The Faction
Well, it does work without 2 of the xrefs model files, but those files don't render when merged in/opened on their own.

I think we've narrowed it down to a material that corrupts when converted to corona because the original vray scene renders with a simple corona material set to override.

Hopefully we can find the material that is the cause and i'll post here and corona material converter thread.

2015-08-06, 11:05:09
Reply #10

Dippndots

  • Active Users
  • **
  • Posts: 294
  • Alex Fagan Co-Founder at The Faction
    • View Profile
    • The Faction
We weren't able to narrow it down to a specific material. But any of the objects using an xref material were fine.

We've also discovered that the broken file render eventually and can get "stuck" at different points, on some computers it is at transforming vertices, at others it is building acc., etc.

I'm uploading the scene to the helpdesk now. It is able to render, but it takes an age to get to the pass stage. And maneuvering in the view port is nearly impossible because it is so laggy. Also compared to vray the file takes noticeably longer to open.

2015-10-22, 20:00:03
Reply #11

Ondra

  • Administrator
  • Active Users
  • *****
  • Posts: 8926
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Rendering is magic.
Private scene uploader | How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-10-23, 11:42:04
Reply #12

Dippndots

  • Active Users
  • **
  • Posts: 294
  • Alex Fagan Co-Founder at The Faction
    • View Profile
    • The Faction
I found a bunch of instances of WSCommCntr4.exe in the fault tolerant log. I renamed the exe so it won't run anymore, the problem seems to have gone on at least 2 machines in the office. Will test on a 3rd later today. Still trying to find time to test the latest Daily as recommended by Maru.