Author Topic: Building acc. structure takes long time  (Read 4771 times)

2016-07-12, 22:52:11

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello!
Have an issue with Building acc. structure process. In scenes, where this process takes normally few seconds from time to time it starts to take 1.5 - 2 minutes instead. Even if I do not change anything, just click render and stop buttons I can get so different times for Building acc. structure in about 50% of cases. It doesn't depend of amount of geometry, HDRi or anything else what I tried to change...
I've noticed it working with Corona 1.4, but with newest builds (2016-07-12 currently) I have the same picture.
Max 2014, win 7

2016-07-13, 10:07:33
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
can you create few minidumps while it is happening?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-07-13, 14:17:40
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
(see "2. Reporting errors or freezes if Autodesk Error Report window is not available" for instructions how to create minidumps)
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000524006
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-07-14, 07:55:47
Reply #3

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi
Uploaded minidumps with privat uploader (1468475615_minidumps.rar)
There 4 of them. 3dsmax-o is for the case when Building acc. structure took 1min 15 sec, others took 2min 15-55sec

2016-07-14, 10:03:50
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Thanks for the minidumps, it is just as I suspected, memory deallocation problem in embree.
  • Does it happen on all your computers?
  • By any chance, are you running 3dsmax under debugger? Or using any system utility that could interfere with memory management?
  • Can you check if fault tolerant heap is turned off, just in case?
  • Can you post the screenshot of your memory tab while this is happening?
  • If it happens on multiple computers, can I have the scene to analyze it?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-07-16, 00:34:40
Reply #5

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry, was busy these days, didn't have time to answer earlier.
Does it happen on all your computers?
I have only one computer with Corona

By any chance, are you running 3dsmax under debugger? Or using any system utility that could interfere with memory management?
No. I didn't run any utility myself.

Can you check if fault tolerant heap is turned off, just in case?
It's on

Can you post the screenshot of your memory tab while this is happening?
It's attached here (taken time was 53sec instead of less than 1sec)

If it happens on multiple computers, can I have the scene to analyze it?
I have only one computer with Corona :)

Some notes
Next day after I've started this topic I tried to catch the problem to make minidumps: I launched all the programs, aplications which I can start at the same time with 3DS Max, connected different divices to computer, but whole day rendering went smoothly and this problem didn't appeare at all. I already started to think about some magic from Keymaster, but yestarday, when I had deadlines for two projects this issue happend in 95% of renderings - that was terrible because I had to make lot of test renders. Worst result was 5.5 min in the same file which I used to make minidumps. And yesterday I avoided starting unnecessary programs, restarting computer didn't help either...

Hope you'll find the point why it happens. Thanks in advanced!

2016-07-29, 07:22:36
Reply #6

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yesterday upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 and this problem has gone! Suppose that the problem was connected with not updated Windows for about two months.
Now Building acc. structure takes few seconds as it was earlier.

Thanks to pokoy for sharing his experience (https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,12563.0.html), and to guys from this topic https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,12680.0.html  !

2017-03-07, 18:43:23
Reply #7

sammyelni

• Users
    • View Profile
Restarting my computer helped take away this Building acc. structure issue.