Author Topic: DR Render Elements  (Read 6365 times)

2016-01-09, 10:15:25

m2410

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi

I read that people were having a problem a while back with distributed rendering and the elements saving blank when opening a .exr

We are having this problem now. We have 6 machines and everything is rendering perfectly when sending distributed either locally or through backburner.

However when the .exr saves and you load it in Photoshop the beauty pass is there but all the other elements show as blank images even though they are there in the frame buffer. The only way round it is to go to save all and get them saved individually.

That's fine on one render but when sending numerous renders through back-burner there's no way to do that....anyone found a fix?

Thanks

2016-01-12, 20:46:22
Reply #1

james_g_brown

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We have this exact same problem. Maru, have you got any updates or info on this topic? We have some huge projects coming in soon and need DR to work with the elements in order to use Corona on the projects...

Thanks.

2016-01-13, 13:33:08
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Are you saving the elements within one .exr or saving them as separate files?

Does it work exactly the same way with the same settings in other renderers?
Can you show your settings window when saving .exr file?
How are you opening the file in Photoshop?

Can you send over a sample file/files where this happens? (I mean the bitmap files)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-01-14, 10:44:52
Reply #3

james_g_brown

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We are saving all the elements to one exr.

I am opening them in PS with ProEXR. Rendering without DR works fine. It saves out and I can open them up no problem. If I render locally and use DR you can see the elements rendering but it won't save the elements out. Same for when we send the images to Backburner to render.

The EXR will open in Photoshop and there are layers for all of the elements but no data on those layers. 100% empty.

Thanks,

2016-01-14, 12:26:43
Reply #4

james_g_brown

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Maru,

I have attached a couple of screengrabs of Photoshop. One showing the stack of layers in PS after opening the EXR with ProEXR and another showing the content of one of the element layers where you see its a crazy mess of data.

Thanks.

2016-01-14, 13:14:43
Reply #5

Dippndots

• Active Users
  • Alex Fagan Co-Founder at The Faction
    • View Profile
    • The Faction
We had this issue briefly, it came down to either not having the elements enabled in the render settings or not having the elements added correctly to the exr save dialog.

2016-01-14, 13:19:14
Reply #6

james_g_brown

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for that. I don't suppose you have a screengrab of how you set it up your elements so it works over DR? That would be really helpful...

Thanks!

2016-01-14, 15:00:57
Reply #7

mraw

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We had this problem(at least I assume that it is the same problem) with the broken RE as well( see here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,8969.msg58245.html#msg58245)
It has driven us mental. The only thing that worked for us, was manually adding the RE(meaning in the EXRsetup-window: unchecking 'automatically add/remove RE' and then 'add'.)
Broken Render Elements was found in MR as well. So I think this is not Corona-related, but a 3dsMax-Bug within the EXR/config-dialog.
Please put some pressure on Autodesk and report this error as well.

2016-01-14, 16:01:44
Reply #8

Dippndots

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • The Faction
Here you go james, like mraw mentioned, I've not got auto add ticked, I add them manually from the list as shown.

2016-01-14, 22:14:39
Reply #9

mraw

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I forgot to ask: What version of 3dsMax are you guys using?
thanks.

2016-01-15, 10:24:07
Reply #10

Dippndots

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • The Faction
Using 2014 here not for much longer I hope

2016-01-15, 11:13:37
Reply #11

mraw

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We are on 2015.

2017-11-10, 22:14:47
Reply #12

sumeetgupta

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Any update? Facing this issue a lot. Render passes are empty when i open them in Photoshop

2017-11-28, 17:34:53
Reply #13

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
We have just released Corona Renderer 1.7 Hotfix 1: https://corona-renderer.com/download/
It contains some important DR fixes, so please download and install it.
Please make sure that Corona Renderer 1.7 Hotfix 1 is installed on all computers, and that DR server 1.7 Hotfix 1 is running on all of the slaves.

If the issue will remain after installing this version, please contact us, and we will continue looking for a solution.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us