Author Topic: IES in reflections and IDs behind glass  (Read 5542 times)

2015-12-09, 09:50:46

CASA_MT

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Corona-friends,

I have come across some minor issues when doing the first official project with Corona.
So far it went really great and I had to do much less post-production, but there were two things that bothered me and I could not find a solution.

1:
When I render the WireColor to get my selections for PhotoShop, things that are behind glass do not work properly. They just get the color of the glass's Wirecolor. In the example there is a kitchen-situation behind the glass of the door and all the stuff behind the door just got the color of the glass-ID. Is there any fix for this? In Vray it was related to material-parameters in which I would have to make sure that the transparency also affects the ID-channel, but I could not find any option like this in Corona.

2:

When working with IES-files in Corona-lights I noticed that despite having the IES-file for light-distribution, the light still has a shape of its own. So you have the IES-light and on top of it there is always the shape of a sphere/plane etc. It did not bother me that much, except when it comes to reflections because you could always see the shape in it. Attached there is an example in which there is a bright round circle on the glass, which is the reflection of the light source. I could not find any way to turn the shape off, so that I would not have to get red of the shape in post-production.
Is there any way to turn the shape completely off or is this even a bug?

Thanks in advance!

2015-12-09, 10:04:14
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
#2. I don't think that's a bug. What shape do you expect to see in reflections?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-12-09, 10:19:16
Reply #2

CASA_MT

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well, I would like to see no shape in the reflection at all.
When I use the standard Photometric-lights I am able to reduce the shape-size independent from the Photometric web.
In Corona when I crank up the size of the shape, the photometric web will also get bigger. I really like the possibility to make the photometric web bigger or smaller when using CoronaLights so I propabyl would not go back to using the standard ones, but when I want to get the light distribution really big (i.e. 20 cm width/radius in the shape) I might end up with something in the reflections that looks like the moon :D

I was just wondering if I could resize the IES without getting a bigger shape.

2015-12-09, 10:40:47
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Well, I would like to see no shape in the reflection at all.
Turn off visible in reflections for that light.

When I use the standard Photometric-lights I am able to reduce the shape-size independent from the Photometric web.
In Corona when I crank up the size of the shape, the photometric web will also get bigger. I really like the possibility to make the photometric web bigger or smaller when using CoronaLights so I propabyl would not go back to using the standard ones, but when I want to get the light distribution really big (i.e. 20 cm width/radius in the shape) I might end up with something in the reflections that looks like the moon :D

I was just wondering if I could resize the IES without getting a bigger shape.
You can try to file feature request.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-12-09, 10:51:21
Reply #4

CASA_MT

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Turn off visible in reflections for that light.

Ok, that worked better than I thought. I tried it already but somehow it looked wierd in Interactive Rendering, I now tried it again and gave it some time and I think it works.

Now there is just the issue with the WireColor behind the glass...

2015-12-09, 11:36:45
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
What is the expected result for the wirecolor behind glass? Do you want your glass to be completely invisible and just see the objects behind it?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-12-09, 11:44:50
Reply #6

CASA_MT

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That would be about it, yes.
Basically I had seperate wire-colors for the kitchen-counter, the wall, the floor and so on, but I did not see them in the final wire-color render-element.
Sometimes we do minor color-corrections to certain elements in the picture, so it would also be good to get all the wire-colors, also the ones that are behind glass.

I mean, it is not very critical, because I could also delete the glass and just render the wirecolor to get all the masks literally in seconds, but I am still wondering if it is possible to get Wirecolors behind glass as well.
« Last Edit: 2015-12-09, 11:49:34 by CASA_MT »

2015-12-09, 11:50:37
Reply #7

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I think this is the option you need:
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-12-09, 12:23:42