Author Topic: new wide angle lens caustics  (Read 8397 times)

2012-11-10, 11:37:44

damjan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
another lens - this time a wide angle spherical lens with an (ugly) camera body inside sponza..
wanted to make something that looks a bit better than the noisy teapot from before

2012-11-10, 11:53:09
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Sweet! This is totally amazing! Great work!
It makes my eyes bleed when I'm trying to decide where is the ground and where is the sky. :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2012-11-10, 12:08:59
Reply #2

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Wow, this is pretty awesome... Used nightly build for this one? :)

2012-11-10, 12:22:30
Reply #3

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2012-11-10, 12:31:06
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Actually, path tracing is the best algorithm for this type of scenes. The lenses make it very easy for rays to form the caustics (the projected image)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2012-11-10, 12:34:27
Reply #5

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
BTW: can we use these images to propagate our school (as an illustration of the simulations we are doing in computer graphics? If yes, how do you want to be credited as the author?

And if you use this to render some more complicated scene, I'll add it to the frontpage gallery ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2012-11-10, 13:28:30
Reply #6

damjan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
its done with the public alpha - the nightly didn't want to accept "invisible to camera" property - so its normal path tracing

@keymaster - you can use it without crediting me (i anyway still have no website up - and searching for a good name)

i would love to find an good nurbs model of a SLR (with all the nuts and bolts) and place it in a fancy interior / studio setup.. but for now i guess it stays with sponza

2014-03-27, 17:03:40
Reply #7

borisquezadaa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Uh... a little dispersion could improve this. I was trying to repoduce the effect with a6 but  no luck.
What i do with Corona My Corona post of random stuff rendering
WARNING: English.dll still loading...