Author Topic: Ivaylo Velkov's Gallery  (Read 12884 times)

2013-09-17, 09:13:34

ivaylovelkov

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi everybody. Here's a just little test with Corona in order to try it. I will be happy if you come up with some advises about the transparecy of the curtains and the lights. In this case i used just 2 corona lights without glass material and the effect of the curtains supposed to be like that. But i was unable to make good semi-transparent curtains in order to see some background outside.
P.S.- my english is not very good, so excuse me if some parts "sounds" funny :)
Regards.
« Last Edit: 2013-09-25, 15:34:28 by ivaylovelkov »

2013-09-17, 09:54:01
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
If you want to see the background, you should probably try changing transparency. I suggest using falloff map in transparency slot.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2013-09-17, 10:09:19
Reply #2

ivaylovelkov

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If you want to see the background, you should probably try changing transparency. I suggest using falloff map in transparency slot.

Yes. i try to add different maps, but almost ever when i succeded to make good transparency some of the curves render semi transparent and other jus overburn. Maybe it's the lights... By the way what type of lights gives more realistic look for interior - corona light or corona sun. I use just corona light because in vray i prefer to use just a light, not sun. Also what type of lighting you will suggest for a night or desk lamp? I want to make the effect like those lights: http://corona-renderer.com/img/gallery/full/duncan-guesthouse-int.jpg .
Thanks in advance to everyone who can help :)

2013-09-17, 10:47:54
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Yes. i try to add different maps, but almost ever when i succeded to make good transparency some of the curves render semi transparent and other jus overburn.
Be sure to check "highlight compression" in post processing section.

Maybe it's the lights... By the way what type of lights gives more realistic look for interior - corona light or corona sun. I use just corona light because in vray i prefer to use just a light, not sun. Also what type of lighting you will suggest for a night or desk lamp? I want to make the effect like those lights: http://corona-renderer.com/img/gallery/full/duncan-guesthouse-int.jpg .
You can even use solid colour as environment light. I think it was used as sky light in the picture you posted. Corona doesn't have night sky model. And for lamp you can use any kind of Corona light with warm temperature.

2013-09-17, 11:23:19
Reply #4

ivaylovelkov

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes. i try to add different maps, but almost ever when i succeded to make good transparency some of the curves render semi transparent and other jus overburn.
Be sure to check "highlight compression" in post processing section.

Maybe it's the lights... By the way what type of lights gives more realistic look for interior - corona light or corona sun. I use just corona light because in vray i prefer to use just a light, not sun. Also what type of lighting you will suggest for a night or desk lamp? I want to make the effect like those lights: http://corona-renderer.com/img/gallery/full/duncan-guesthouse-int.jpg .
You can even use solid colour as environment light. I think it was used as sky light in the picture you posted. Corona doesn't have night sky model. And for lamp you can use any kind of Corona light with warm temperature.

Ok. thank you very much. I'll take in mind your suggestions and i'll make some tests.
Regards

2013-09-25, 15:43:33
Reply #5

ivaylovelkov

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello everybody. Here's more test works with Corona. I think they need more work at least in the part of the materials. I left it only for 80 passes and they haves a little noise but the general idea can be catched.
Feel free to write your critique and suggestions if you want. Every opinion is useful :)
Regards

2013-09-28, 13:38:21
Reply #6

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Hi Ivan, thank you for chiming in to help :- ) !

One thing that stands out to me lightning wise, is the "bloom" . How is this done ? Because it's very incorrectly imho spread over all the whites, instead of only true highlights.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2013-09-28, 14:07:15
Reply #7

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
For me it looks a bit like someone was trying to copy someone else's style. ;) These shots look underexposed. And floor looks kind of unfinished, too uniform and too smooth.

2013-09-28, 15:38:19
Reply #8

ivaylovelkov

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Ivan, thank you for chiming in to help :- ) !

One thing that stands out to me lightning wise, is the "bloom" . How is this done ? Because it's very incorrectly imho spread over all the whites, instead of only true highlights.

Hi. I make it in PS with Diffuse Glow and maybe it's not so good really. Here's the clean versions. And the light is from HDRI only.

2013-09-28, 15:45:06
Reply #9

ivaylovelkov

• Active Users
    • View Profile
For me it looks a bit like someone was trying to copy someone else's style. ;) These shots look underexposed. And floor looks kind of unfinished, too uniform and too smooth.

Yes, you are absolutely right :))) I like Juraj's work so much that i decide to try something similar like HDRI lighting and i also having troubles in Vray with  white and and it was interesting to me to try something in that line of thoughts - White + small details.... And the floor - yes, i have to work on the materials. Will see in the next renders :D

2013-11-07, 20:13:36
Reply #10

Ilija

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Really nice set of renders Ivaylo, I love the white balance that you achieved.
Can I ask you which HDRi did you use for this project, is it custom made or one that is already on the market?

Keep up the good work,

Ilija

2013-11-10, 15:21:16
Reply #11

zhangjx511

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello, do a good scene. Will the carpet is what to do?

2013-11-10, 16:24:28
Reply #12

ivaylovelkov

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Really nice set of renders Ivaylo, I love the white balance that you achieved.
Can I ask you which HDRi did you use for this project, is it custom made or one that is already on the market?

Keep up the good work,

Ilija

Hi. Thank you very much. The HDRI is downloaded from somewhere, but before time and i don't really remember from where. I only make it more contrast. Check the attachement

2013-11-10, 16:26:35
Reply #13

ivaylovelkov

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello, do a good scene. Will the carpet is what to do?

Hi. I can't really understand the question, but the carpet is made with hair and fur if that's your point.
Regards

2013-11-11, 05:03:39
Reply #14

Ilija

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the replay, and for the HDRi as well, it is a really nice surprise :)
I actually have this HDRi in my library, I downloaded it for free from hdri-locations.com. I can see that you did desaturation and made contrast smaller.
Anyway you achieved good result, just keep up in the same way :)

Thanks again,
Ilija